Though it is very much still winter here in Atlantic Canada – 15-20cms of snow was dumped on Saturday night/Sunday morning – I’m starting to think about all the pretty spring collections coming out, and what shades and products I’d like to pick up for the oncoming season. I’m pretty much ‘meh’ with respect to most of the collections that have come out, but as far as the color palette goes – girly pinks, black liner worn a multitude of ways, emerald green everything – it’ll be easy enough to adapt using either products I already own, or picking up a couple extras that are already existing within different brands. As my wishlist continues to grow to epic proportions, I’m slowly conquering my lemmings by choosing five products per season that fit the bill (as well as fit my goal of filling any gaps). Here’s what’s on the list this month!:
1. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Sand Dune $33CAD – Lately I’ve been leaning toward wearing bold lips or cheeks and keeping my eyes quite neutral. I’m looking for a natural-looking shadow that will melt into my skin but brighten the eye area (sans shimmer) and even it out. From looking at swatches of this shade, this one fits the bill perfectly!
2. butter London Jasper $17CAD – I really want to own a pretty yellow polish for spring, but the color can be a tricky one and tends to be streaky. I’ve heard alternate views on this shade, but there’s no denying it’s absolutely spring in a bottle!
3. Giorgio Armani Waterproof Eye Pencil in 1 Granite Black $28 (via Neiman Marcus) – I’ve already mentioned that I’m picking this up soon, as my black liners are at the very nubs – and I want to replace them with what’s supposed to be a fabulous product!
4. YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in #25 Soft Beige $39CAD – Lacking from my personal stash is a natural nude pink lippie. I tried on another shade of the Rouge Volupte a couple weeks back and was totally hooked by the creamy, gorgeous texture. Not so much a fan of the price, but it’ll be a shade I’ll wear often.
5. Becca Mineral Blush in Sweet Pea $38CAD / MAC Sheertone Shimmer in Blushbaby $24CAD – After going through my blush collection last month, I realized I also lack a basic neutral blush shade (seems I don’t like neutrals, huh). I wont’ be able to try on the Becca color in person, so I’m tempted to play it safe with MAC – but I’ve been meaning to try Becca as a brand for a while. We’ll see which one takes the honours!
What’s on your wishlist these days?