Go, GO, GO! Moving right along into month seven and again, all things seem fairly equal. This is all old hat to me now! The trickiest part is remembering what I purchased throughout the month – thank god I’m anal and have a spreadsheet that tracks all my purchases 😛
Le Guidelines (I’ll drill them into you yet!):
1) Makeup: Purchase no more than 10 items per season (excludes replacing staples of foundation, concealer, powder)
2) Nail Polish: Purchase no more than 5 polish per month
3) Skincare/Haircare: Use one, Buy one
It felt like I was shopping a lot last month – and indeed for the whole month of July I was a little less thrifty than I’d like – but it was mostly that I was buying bigger ticket items rather than larger quantity. I’m hoping to pare down to next to nothing for the rest of August and all of September – only 45 days till New Zealand, yeehaw!!
Purchased (July 20-August 19):
– Aveeno Eczema Care Cream ($12CAD)
– TiGi Catwalk Curl Collection Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier ($23CAD)
– L’Oreal EverCreme Nourishing Leave-In Spray ($12CAD)
– Parissa Strip Free Hot Wax and Microwaveable Warm Wax ($10.50CAD each)
– Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eye Shadow #24 ($33CAD)
– Too Faced Sun Bunny Classic Bronzing Powder (swap)
– a-England Camelot ($8CAD – promo)
– Laura Mercier Eye Color Duet in Suspense (approx. $25CAD)
– MAC Raizin Blush (matte) (swap)
– Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in L102 ($36CAD)
– NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in More (approx. $28CAD)
I had to write out the whole TiGi product name because it’s absolutely insane – and how many times do you need to say CURL for people to get that it’s for CURLS?! Jeez Louise.
I just realized I had the waxing kits turned to the French side – my bad! I have a very traumatizing yet hilarious story about these kits, but I’m going to dedicate it’s own post to them so keep your eyes peeled.
Also, just word to the wise – I bought that GA Eyes to Kill shadow from Neiman Marcus (remember, one of my fave shopping sites?), and it came to $35.90CAD taxes and fees in. As compared to $42CAD plus tax ($48.30) at Holts. So I saved myself almost $13. Canadians, do yourself a favor! I also order the NARS gloss pencil and the LM eyeshadow from Neiman’s, because I’m impatient and they were in stores here yet 😛 Savings wasn’t as good though.
I did a fair bit of swapping this month – some items still to arrive – and I’m really pleased with the two items here I picked up. MAC’s Raizin would look terrifying to many people as it’s so dark and brownish, but on me it looks really good. FOTD coming up soon!
Used Up (July 20-August 19):
– Fresh Brown Sugar Body Lotion (100mL size)
– Life Brand Skin Relieving Moisturizing Lotion
– Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (50mL)
– MAC Nico Lipglass (discontinued)
– OJON Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy (sample)
– Clinique Comfort On Call (preview sample)
– Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit Rollerball
So, not too much going on here, I guess – OH WAIT IS THAT TWO BOTTLES OF PERFUME I SEE YES IT MOST CERTAINLY IS!!!!!
…Ok, sorry. But seriously dudes, how frickin’ cool is that!? I can’t remember the last time I finished a fragrance – hence why I always buy the smallest sizes possible, because I get bored and then they take forever to finish! I’ve had that J.Lo. bottle since I lived at home, which is AGES ago, and I never wear it, but this summer I kept spritzing like mad, determined to finish it once and for all. I used to love sickly sweet scents like that, but now it’s a bit too much for me. Unfortunately for my bf, every time I wore he was like “YUM!” and I had to keep reminding him that I was never buying it again. LOL.
The rest really is kinda ho-hum though, couple ‘o mascaras, a small Clinique DDMG along with a preview sample jar of a product we no longer sell, my trusty pseudo-Aveeno body lotion…all kinda boring! I finally made peace with myself over never being able to finish that horrid MAC gloss – gah, what an awful shade, that SA should be shot – and decided out it goes. I also finished up the Fresh Brown Sugar cream I got in a gift set at Christmas; loved the scent, but didn’t trust it not to burn my skin off, so I used it very infrequently and in impervious places like my feet. Lastly, I had a sample of the new OJON Rare Blend Oil, which I think is a bunch of hooey as the first ingredient is dimethicone, which pretty much ensures none of the good stuff is even touching your hair. Meh.
And now, Le Recap:
1) Makeup: 4 makeup items purchased + 2 swap [6 non-staples this season (Summer)], 3 used/tossed
2) Nail Polish: 1 polish purchased this month (18 total since the beginning of 2012)
3) Skincare: 3 skin/2 hair bought, 4 skin used
*bonus: Two fragrances used!!
It’s funny – I look at the purchases I made and think “Geez, that’s not too crazy!”, but when I told my friends that I only buy a couple actual makeup items per month, they said “Uh…that still sounds like a lot” LOL! THIS is why I blog, so I can feel normal!! I know you guys totally get it 😛
Anyone else still doing some sort of a no/low-buy!? I am *almost* tempted to do a no-buy for the rest of the time until New Zealand…it would be a great challenge, and I think I’ve gotten all the fall items I wanted from the collections (which is to say, not many…I was sort of underwhelmed by a lot of it!). I’m not sure its wise though, given how I don’t work well with total restrictions – and I stop in L.A. on the way to and from NZ, so that could be disastrous lol.
Do you think that 3-4 makeup purchases a month is too much (or not enough)? What have you finished lately that you’re proud of?