I am compulsive about reading blogs and every day I think: “Why aren’t I getting on this action?” since clearly it’s my passion, my bread and water. So lets give this a go yet again!
Today I’m trying to list all of the upcoming Fall launches that I am lemming…and let me tell you, I am going to go HUNGRY for the next couple months! Dang, there is a lot of good stuff coming out this season!! Particularly I find myself more and more obsessed with nail polish – I’m easily buying two per week, which doesn’t sound so bad (yet) but it accumulates pretty quickly!
One of the things I spend time in particular doing is figuring out how to find these items here in Halifax, because we just don’t have access like many of the bigger cities, and especially in Canada vs. the US. So, for those of you living in Hali, here’s what I’ve discovered so far (nail polish only at this point):
1) butter London – this is being sold at Spirit Spa on Hollis Street. I haven’t yet bought one but I’m hoping they’ll get the new Fall line in, as I’m lemming Victoriana – so pretty!
2) Zoya – Originally I saw this first at Be Well Spa that was located on Robie Street – not sure if it’s there anymore, it was an old converted house. They also sell this at Cascades Spa in Bedford and Jay Wells Salon on Barrington Street. I’ve only had one of these polishes to date, a fabulous magenta matte, but plan on scooping up Kelly (part of the Fall 2010 Wonderful collection) when I’m in for my wax next week 🙂
3) OPI – Obviously OPI if found all over Halifax as it’s probably the most well-known ‘salon’ brand, but sometimes it’s only in limited shades/collections. Chatters Salon in Dartmouth Crossing and Bayers Lake have the largest stash I’ve seen of OPI anywhere around, and you get points for ever purchase!
4) China Glaze – Newcomer to Halifax – finally! I spotted a couple bottles of this affordable line (they retail for $6.49) at the Halifax Shopping Center nail salon back in June, but then when I went to Chatters, I discovered they also carry this line is spades! So exciting. I’ve bought several shades now – I can’t wait to sport Ingrid from the Vintage Vixen’s Fall 2010 line as soon as September hits.
5) Orly – I didn’t think we had this anywhere around until I finally made the trek out to Sally Beauty Supply on a day off last week. They carry a decent range – I’m hoping they’ll get the new Cosmic FX Fall lineup really soon because I’m dying to try the color Space Cadet – a fabulous duochrome 🙂
Some other cool lines that I’ve seen around are Borghese and Essie (both located at most Shoppers Drug Mart locations) and Milani and Sinful polishes, which are at Lawtons drugstores. They make some awesome shades, though I haven’t tried any Borghese yet. Milani and Sinful are really affordable too.